In recent years the Computer Science department from Vigo University has offered the PhD Program in Advanced Technologies for Intelligent Software Development. This program has given to society, competent researchers in the areas of Information Technology and Telecommunications, and specifically in the areas directly related to the application of techniques and artificial intelligence technologies to develop advanced software, intelligent and adaptable. Through this program, graduate students (over 50) have acquired the necessary knowledge to cope (with appropriate security) to the most complex tasks in research and development of advanced software in their schools and business.
Coordinator: Arno Formella
Coordinator: David Olivieri
- (CI) Information Coding: 6 ECTS
- (MI) Modeling, Analysis and Representation of Information: 6 ECTS
Coordinator: Pilar Carrión Pardo
Coordinator: Alma Mª Gómez Rodríguez
Coordinator: Rosalia Laza Fidalgo
The Specialization Module consists of 2 fields: Intelligence and Adaptability. Each of these fields consists of 5 electives of 6 ECTS each, from which the student must take 18 ECTS selecting at least one elective from each subject.
- (BIO) Bioinformatics: 6 ECTS
- (CBR) Case Base Reasoning Systems: 6 ECTS
- (CM) Classification Methods: 6 ECTS
- (CBI) Content Based Information Retrieval: 6 ECTS
- (MAS) Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agent Systems: 6 ECTS
Coordinator: Juan Carlos González Moreno
(II) Introduction to research techniques and technologies: 3 ECTS (TM) MASTERS THESIS: 9 ECTS
The EHEA adaptation process has involved a deep reorganization of the whole offer of studies at the University of Vigo which in the academic year 2010/2011 will constitute a total of 39 undergraduate programmes, more than 70 master's programmes (28 on 2008/2009, 65 on 2009/2010) and nearly 40 PhD programs. The Master and PhD Program on Intelligent and Adaptable Software Systems (SSIA) is one between them those. The SSIA program, in the technological field, try to find an efficient solution to the industrial needs in the subjects of Intelligence and Adaptability.
Tool to formalize the pre-enrollment in the Master Program: http://matricula.uvigo.es[tab: Selection Criteria]
It is Established a quota of 5 students for Technical Engineers in the field of Information Technologies and Communications. As to the specific criteria for assessing the merits of the candidates, the Academic Commission has established for the Lecturer Year 2010-2011 the following scale:
- Record and diploma.- Shall be such weighted by multiplying the note obtained by the academic record by 0.45 in the case of graduates in Computer Science, Senior Engineer in the field of ICT and BA in Mathematics and / or Physical Sciences, by 0.325 in the case of Technical Engineers in the ICT field and 0.225 in the remaining cases.
- Research experience.- Score with 0.5 points each article, paper, book chapters, book author or similar paper in an international context and the remaining with 0.25 each one until to get a maximum of 2.5 points.
- Teaching experience.- Score with 0.25 points each year of university teaching in the field of ICT to a maximum of 1.5 points.
- Professional experience.- Score with 0.25 points each year worked and accredited in the field of ICT to a maximum of 1.5 points.
The Article 16 of spanish Legislation (RD 1393/2007) about Access to Master Studies says:
- To access the official teachings of Master, the applicants must hold a Spanish university degree, or to have a certificate issued by an institution of higher education belonging to another State belonging to the European Higher Education Area that empower the access to Master studies.
- Also, graduates from outside the European Higher Education Area, will have access to education systems without the approval of their titles, following verification by the University that those who credited have an equivalent level of training to Spanish's academic qualifications and that they allow in their country the access to postgraduate education. Access by this route does not imply in any case, the prior approval of the title that he/she holds, or his/her appreciation for other purposes that of course the teachings of Master.
The Article 17 of spanish Legislation (RD 1393/2007) about Admission to Master Studies says:
- The students will be admitted to a Master in accordance with the requirements and evaluation criteria of merit, if any, fixed for the title of Master's College or by the University.
- The University will include procedures and requirements for admission into the curriculum, which may include specific requirements for prior training in some disciplines, depending on previous training attested by the student. These supplements training may form part of the Masters studies as long as the total number of credits to be taken should not exceed 120. In any case, whether or not part of the Master studies, the appropriations for training allowances will have, for the purposes of public fees and granting of scholarships and study grants, the consideration of Masters level credits.
- The University will include procedures and requirements for admission into the curriculum, which may include specific requirements for prior training in some disciplines.
- These systems and procedures must include, in the case of students with special educational needs arising from disability, support services and counseling, which will assess the need for possible curriculum adjustments, alternative routes or studies.
- Admission not imply in any case, any change in the academic purposes and, where appropriate, professional title corresponding to the prior holding of the person concerned, or their appreciation to that of other courses taught Masters.
|Dr. Arno Formella||
|Dr. Juan Carlos González Moreno|
|Dra. Pilar Carrión Pardo|
|Dra. Rosalía Laza Fidalgo|
|Dra. Eva Lorenzo Iglesias||
|Dr. David Olivieri|
|Dra. Alma Gómez Rodríguez|
Internal RegulationsOn 2010, July 21 th the Academic Comission has approved the actual Internal Regulations that could be found in the following links:
- PhD. Mª Lourdes Borrajo Diz (CD)
- PhD. Pilar I. Carrión Pardo (CD)
- PhD. Florentino Fernández Riverola (TU)
- PhD. Arno Formella (CD)
- PhD. Juan Fco. Galvez Galvez (CEU)
- PhD. Jose B. Garcia Perez-Schofield (TU)
- PhD. Silvana Gómez Meire (AD)
- PhD. Alma Mª Gómez Rodríguez (TU)
- PhD. Juan C. González Moreno (TU)
- PhD. Daniel González Peña (CD)
- PhD. Mª José Lado Touriño (TU)
- PhD. Rosalía Laza Fidalgo (CD)
- PhD. Eva Mª Lorenzo Iglesias (CD)
- PhD. Arturo J. Méndez Penín (TU)
- PhD. Jose R. Méndez Reboredo (CD)
- PhD. David N. Olivieri Cecchi (CD)
- PhD. Reyes Pavón Rial (TU)
- PhD. Manuel Pérez Cota (CEU)
- PhD. Marta Pérez Rodríguez (CD)
- PhD. Leandro Rodriguez Liñares (TU)
- PhD. Francisco J. Rodríguez Martínez (CD)
- PhD. X. Antón Vila Sobrino (TU)
In recognition of the work, this doctoral program has received the Quality Label by the Spanish Ministry of Education for the biennia 2008-2010 and 2010-2012. In addition, the program has not been performed only by students from a regional and national environment, but also universities and research centers located in Portugal and Latin America, and a growing number of professionals in the research departments of companies business.
During this time, the contents of the program has been consolidated around the main lines of research groups active in the program within the Department of Computer Science at the University of Vigo (especially those assigned to the College of Engineering located in the Campus Ourense).
This is a consolidated offer Master studies at the University of Vigo with a demand (based on the supply of places) that justifies its relevance to an average of 15 new students in the last biennia (2006/08, 2007/09, 2008/10, and 2010/12). In addition, the Master and Doctoral Program in Intelligent and Adaptable Software Systems offers a degree in higher education that offers advanced training in the use of advanced techniques and technologies for the development of intelligent software that can adapt to the environment in which they apply, and Users who manage it. This adaptation can be classified as follows:
- Parametric Adjustment.- This adjustment occurs when the parameters change or vary over time. An example of this adaptation is the change in the weights of the links in an artificial neural network which is conducive to learning.
- Adaptation algorithm.- Occurs when the life cycle of an application, different choices of algorithms should be provided to meet a specific goal or reach a partial solution.
- Resources adaptation.- Appears when resources along the life cycle of an application change in the use of resources. The relocation or resettlement of executable code between processes running in distributed systems is an example of this adaptation .
The researchers trained in this program are prepared for the challenges of a society in which the development of new types of "smarter" and "adaptive" software has become indispensable, and in which technologies, techniques and algorithms for development evolve at breakneck speed. Future researchers may receive a quality education within this program adapted to the EHEA which promotes the internationalization of the activities of their students and interaction with the network of companies (national and international).