This second semester subject ties directly with one of the areas of research covered
by groups that support the program.
- Know, understand, describe and apply the main concepts of the three fundamental modules in those that the content of this subject has been structured: cluster module, selection of characteristic module and classifiers module.
- Lourdes Borrajo Diz
- Jose Ramón Méndez Reboredo
- Reyes Pavón Rial
- Fernando Díaz Gómez
- Basic concepts of the classification
- Selection of characteristic
- Classroom Lessons (2 ECTS).- It will consist mainly on magistral sessions and readings to introduce the work to be done in the other activities.
- Experiments and Practices (1 ECTS).- It will consist on the develop of little examples and exercises supervised by the teachers.
- Seminars (2 ECTS).- It will consist mainly in the presentation of a concrete item by students in small groups.
- Conferences (0,5 ECTS).- It will consist on the elaboration of an original scientific article where a practical application of the information theory is explained, and its oral exposition.
- Tutorials (0,5 ECTS).- It will consist in the solution of some problems proposed by the teachers, and the pursuit of the seminars and conferences.
Evaluation Procedure for Regular-ASSISTANTS
- Theoretical Exposure Assessment of different jobs over the course that will demonstrate the acquisition of skills and basic knowledge, both theoretical and practical for the subject.
- Regular Attendance and active participation in classroom lessons and seminars. Active participation means answer proposed questions by the teacher.
- Performing the practice exercises.
- Conducting seminar includes the development of a theme, its oral, exercise approach to colleagues and their evaluation.
Evaluation Procedure for NON-ASSISTANTS
- Presentation of a paper or technical report raised about the content of the subject
- Presentation of an application that solves a practical problem proposed.
- Oral presentation on the seminar on the topic that was assigned and on which it must have been from some basic references. Previously, shall submit a summary and a copy of the written submission prior to its assessment.