In this page students could find a summary about the stages to follow in order to get the title of PhD. for the Vigo University.
A complete information (on spanish and galician) about specific legislation on doctoral programs at Vigo University and next dissertations leading to University of Vigo PhD Degree could be found HERE .
According with the normative of the Vigo University the following are the stages that a student must follow in order to present their PhD. Thesis under the Program on Intelligent and Adaptable Software Systems.
- To have the "Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA) or Recognition of their Research Proficiency.
- To have registered at the Vigo University Postgraduate Negociate their thesis project with the same title and director (s).
- The thesis (or changes of title and director) have been presented previously in the Department for approval by the Council of Department.
Processing in the Academic Comission of the Program
- Student shall submit a copy of their thesis to the Academic Comission to obtain the proper authorization.
- He will cover the form TC-24 (application for admissibility of the thesis), which will bring the authorization of the director (and guardian where applicable) and the Academic Comission.
- The Academic Comission of the Program will make a proposal for the Tribunal to the Postgraduate Comission at Vigo University.
Thesis deposit in the Vigo University Postgraduate Negociate
- A copy of the PhD thesis (along with the covered TC-24 form) will be deposited on the Postgraduate Negociate at Vigo University.
- Optionally the approved proposal for the Tribunal could be delivered simultaneously with the copy of the PhD thesis.
Deposit and the thesis exhibition
- The deposit of the thesis will have to take 15 working days of public exposure time on the Postgraduate Negociate at Vigo University.
- During this time any doctor at Vigo University can consult or make allegations to the PhD Thesis
Approval by the Postgraduate Comission at Vigo University
- Once the exposure time was finished, in the next meeting of the Postgraduate Comission, the comission will proceed (if applicable) to approve the authorization process of the Thesis.
- If there is already a proposal for the Tribunal, in the same session the Commission will proceed to the formal nomination and appointment of this Tribunal.
- The Posgraduate Comission will inform to the members of the Tribunal about their appointment and remind them they will have to issue the assessment report of the PhD Thesis within one month from the reception of the thesis.
Reporting and proposed reading date
- Once appointed the court of the thesis, the Academic Comission of the program will sent to the members of the Tribunal a copy of the PhD Thesis and the Curriculum Vitae of the candidate.
- From the reception of the PhD thesis, each member of the court shall issue an assessment report within one month maximum.
- To facilitate the preparation of the report the tribunal members may use the top of the form TC-27 and send a copy to the President of the Postgraduate Comission. The lower part of the form have to be covered after the defense of the PhD thesis.
- Upon the Postgraduate Comission has received all the reports, the defense of the PhD thesis may be authorized or not following the availation of the reports received. If all the reports received are clearly in favor of the defense, the President of the Postgraduate Commission could authorize it by delegation of the Postgraduate Comission. Otherwise, the topic will be discussed at the next meeting of the Commission.
- The Secretary of the Tribunal must communicate to the Postgraduate Comission the date of the PhD thesis defense with 15 calendar days in advance.
Defense of the PhD Thesis
- The Defense of the PhD Thesis will be done in public sesion.
- The Deliberation of the Tribunal will be in a private session after the defense. To facilitate the report Issue, members of the tribunal could use TC-27 form writting their deliberations on the lower part. Also there will be forms to provide the PhD special awards at the Vigo University.
- The secretary of the tribunal will delivery the tribunal records and the TESEO card to the Vigo University Postgraduate Negociate.
PhD Title Application
- Submit the application for the title in the Vigo University Postgraduate Negociate jointly with the following documentation: identity card, birth certificate and photocopy of the Degree Title that gives access to the PhD Program.