This first semester subject ties directly with ......
This subject must be coursed jointly with the subject of Fuzzy Logic in order to complete the optional field on Knowledge Analysis
- Know, understand, analyze and implement methods of evolutionary programming.
- Know, understand, analyze and apply genetic algorithms.
- Know and apply genetic algorithms library.
- Know, understand, analyze and apply different variants of genetic algorithms.
- Alma Gómez Rodríguez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pedro Villar Castro (email@example.com)
- Ana Mª Sánchez López
- Introduction to Evolutionary Computation
- Genetic Algorithm
- Basic Concepts
- Diversity and Convergence
- Multiple Solutions in Multimodal Problems
- Evolution Strategies
- Evolutionary Programming
- Algorithm Based on Differential Evolution (Differential Evolution - DE)
- Models of Evolution Based on Estimation of Distributions (EDA)
- Memetic algorithms
- Evolutionary Algorithms for Multiobjective Problems
- Genetic Programming
- Models Evolutionary Learning
- Classroom Lessons (2 ECTS).- It will consist mainly on magistral sessions and readings to introduce the work to be done in the other activities.
- Experiments and Practices (1 ECTS).- It will consist on the develop of little examples and exercises supervised by the teachers.
- Seminars (2 ECTS).- It will consist mainly in the presentation of a concrete item by students in small groups.
- Conferences (0,5 ECTS).- It will consist on the elaboration of an original scientific article where a practical application of the information theory is explained, and its oral exposition.
- Tutorials (0,5 ECTS).- It will consist in the solution of some problems proposed by the teachers, and the pursuit of the seminars and conferences.
Evaluation Procedure for Regular-ASSISTANTS
- Theoretical Exposure Assessment of different jobs over the course that will demonstrate the acquisition of skills and basic knowledge, both theoretical and practical for the subject.
- Regular Attendance and active participation in classroom lessons and seminars. Active participation means answer proposed questions by the teacher.
- Performing the practice exercises.
- Conducting seminar includes the development of a theme, its oral, exercise approach to colleagues and their evaluation.
Evaluation Procedure for NON-ASSISTANTS
- Presentation of a paper or technical report raised about the content of the subject
- Presentation of an application that solves a practical problem proposed.
- Oral presentation on the seminar on the topic that was assigned and on which it must have been from some basic references. Previously, shall submit a summary and a copy of the written submission prior to its assessment.